Career - Current Opportunities
Better Place Australia is incorporated as a not-for-profit company operating in the community services sector. With nearly 40 years’ experience, Better Place has a solid track record of achievement, a sound financial base, a stellar reputation for innovation and quality among clients and funders, and well-directed strategic ambitions for the future. Joining the Better Place Australia Board offers an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a values-based, for-purpose organisation tackling some of life’s big challenges.
As a community-focused not-for-profit organisation with an ever-growing range of psychological and community support services, Better Place Australia is taking a leadership role in the provision of high-quality, effective services for a wide range of community groups across 25 locations in Victoria.
Applications are particularly sought from candidates with strong skills and experience in each of the following priority areas:
- Cybersecurity/ICT/Technical architecture.
- Legal skills, highly experienced with specialisation in health, family law and consumer advocacy etc.
- Extensive Government experience, well networked, with strong influencing/advocacy skills.
In addition to specialist skills, applicants should possess some of the following skills and/or experience:
- Past experience on public, private or community Boards.
- High level conceptual and strategic thinking skills; financial literacy.
- An understanding of the NFP, human/community services sector (ideally).
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Directors while maintaining independent thought and preparedness to challenge others’ thinking.
- Governance education (e.g. AICD course).
If you have skills related to those identified above and a strong values alignment to Better Place and their purpose, you should consider applying for these vacancies.
For further information register your details below, click on submit and wait for the download button to appear.
For a confidential discussion contact Michael Holdway, Searchlight Group on (03) 9600 1137. Applications close midnight on 14th August 2022.
To download more information about this position, please fill in your details.