Deputy Director Commercial
ABOUT THE WEST GATE TUNNEL PROJECT
The West Gate Tunnel Project, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority (WGTP MTIA) is responsible for the management of the WGTP on behalf of the Victorian Government. The WGTP will directly link the West Gate Freeway to the Port, CityLink and the city via twin tunnels under Yarraville, a new crossing of the Maribyrnong River and an elevated road above Footscray Road. It will provide a much-needed alternative to the West Gate Bridge and reduce travel time, improve freight access to the Port of Melbourne and remove thousands of trucks from residential roads. 6,000 jobs will be created, and the project will deliver an approximate $11 billion boost to Victoria's economy.
Public Private Partnership contracts to build and operate the project were signed in December 2017 and construction is underway. A joint venture between CPB Contractors and John Holland (CPBJH) is building the project.
Read more about the WGTP at http://westgatetunnelproject.vic.gov.au
- One of the largest Public Private Partnership infrastructure projects ever built in Victoria
- Senior Executive Service – 1, Salary range: $192,800 - $249,700 (TRP)
The West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) has an opportunity for an experienced Deputy Director Commercial to join the Commercial and Legal team on the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP).
The Deputy Director Commercial will report directly to the Director Commercial and Legal, to provide high quality, authoritative and effective advice and support on complex commercial issues relating to the WGTP. The role will also interface with the project’s external commercial advisors to ensure a consistent and agreed approach is taken on commercial positions which supports the project scope and requirements.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar Government role, and be able to demonstrate effective leadership attributes and a collaborative approach to stakeholder management, with an ability to foresee stakeholder risks and intervene to avert issues before they arise. Key skills and experience desired include:
- Extensive experience in complex infrastructure projects, ideally within a PPP framework.
- High level experience in providing complex commercial regulatory and contractual advice on major infrastructure projects to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Advanced ability to lead, influence, negotiate and deliver positive project outcomes in a complex commercially based project environment.
- Strong understanding of government processes as they relate to major projects, ideally within a roads and/or transport sector environment.
- Advanced leadership, negotiation and commercial skills.
Download an Information Pack by registering your details below, click on the submit button and wait for a link to appear to download the Pack. Contact Michael Holdway, Searchlight Group for more information on (03) 9600 1137 or 0400 006 513. Closing date for this position is the 25th of March 2021. Applications will be processed as they are received, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All third party and unsolicited CV’s will be referred to Searchlight Group.