Deputy Executive Director
- Leading and influential peak body
- Shape and influence social policy
Anglicare Australia seeks to promote a just and caring society. We see the inherent value of each individual and seek to create a society where everyone's capacity to participate is welcomed and respected. In building such communities, we work to change the conditions leading to deprivation and disadvantage. Anglicare Australia has as its Mission “to engage with all Australians to create communities of resilience, hope and justice”. The Anglicare Australia national office, based in Canberra, supports and coordinates the joint social policy, research and advocacy activities of the diverse Anglicare Australia network. Each of our 34 members is an independent organisation, choosing to work together as a part of the national network, matching local presence with national strengths.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is a key member of a small, tight-knit and committed team. Providing strategic leadership to support Anglicare Australia’s strategic plan, the Deputy Executive Director will be responsible for representing Anglicare Australia’s key interests to the Federal Parliament and the wider community and aged care sectors, whilst playing a key leadership role in effecting national cooperation and social change across the national Anglicare network. Specific responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the policy and research team across a range of social and human service policy projects.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders including member organisations, government departments, Ministerial offices, international peak bodies and other relevant groups and stakeholders.
- Analyse and prepare high level policy advice for members, funding bodies and other stakeholders.
- Support the Executive Director with key briefings, presentations and any other organisational operational and corporate matters.
- Develop written documents and publications including submissions, briefing papers, consultation materials and media releases.
- Liaise and network with current stakeholders, as well identify opportunities for network development.
To be considered you will be an experienced and ethical leader, qualified with a relevant degree and aligned to the values of Anglicare Australia. Your experience will ideally be in a related role and/or organisation, ideally within the social and/or human services policy area, with a successful track record in being able to shape and influence policy direction and outcomes. You will have a strong understanding of government machinery, political acuity, and be a compelling communicator in front a range of diverse audiences. With an affinity for networking, promoting and representing the work of the Anglicare network to key stakeholders, you’ll be confident in pro-actively developing the network more broadly toward a common purpose. Key to your success will be your ability to work with ambiguity, problem-solve, and quickly analyse, distil and translate complex information into meaningful and impactful policy advice. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a talented and committed team in one of Australia’s leading peak body organisations.
Download an Information Pack by registering your details below, click on the submit button and wait for a link to appear to download the Pack. Contact Michael Holdway, Searchlight Group for more information on (03) 9600 1137 or 0400 006 513. There is no closing date for this position. Applications will be processed as they are received, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All third party and unsolicited CV’s will be referred to Searchlight Group.