Director Clinical Services
- Key Senior Clinical Leadership Role
- 12 month fixed term contract (possible extension)
Ambulance Tasmania (AT) provides emergency ambulance care and transport services and a non-emergency patient transport service through a network of 54 urban, rural and remote ambulance stations throughout Tasmania. It also provides integrated, high quality, pre-hospital emergency and medical care, health transport and medical retrieval services to the Tasmanian community. The Tasmanian Government has made significant investments into ambulance services commencing in 2018/19, providing a foundation to improve both the infrastructure of the service and promote the health and wellbeing of employees to drive operational service improvement.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and working closely with the Director Medical Services and the Executive Management Team (EMT), the Director Clinical Services will provide clinical leadership, advice and guidance to managers and to senior professional staff in the ambulance service to enable them to meet their objectives and effectively manage their responsibilities, including:
- Manage the development and implementation of the Service’s clinical governance policy and program to promote an environment of continual improvement in services, patient care and compliance with Departmental strategies, government reforms and directions.
- Oversee the reporting, investigation and management of incidents to ensure they comply with the clinical governance framework and to enable the development of preventative strategies.
- Manage the development and operation of the Safety Reporting Learning System (SRLS) to ensure accurate and timely data is collected and maintained and reports support management decision making.
- Provide advice, information and recommendations to the Chief Executive - Ambulance Tasmania and the Executive Management Team (EMT) on clinical governance, patient safety, education and strategic change to enable and support effective decision making.
- Manage the Unit’s human, financial and physical resources to ensure they are managed effectively and within budget to meet agreed targets, performance standards and objectives.
To be appointed you will have extensive operational experience as a practicing clinician within an emergency medical response service, alongside strong Clinical Governance knowledge and skills. You’ll have a sound understanding of the clinical and operational requirements of an ambulance service with demonstrated strategic and tactical abilities in pre-hospital emergency care, as well as well-developed influencing and stakeholder management skills. As a leader working across the service, you will be able to gain the respect of all staff, working collaboratively in a high pressure, complex and at times ambiguous environment and be able to achieve results through others collectively. Naturally you will be resilient, with sophisticated interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and a proven ability to build enduring and effective stakeholder relationships.
Your values will be aligned to that of Ambulance Tasmania and you will possess a high degree of self-awareness, personal drive and integrity that appreciates the context of the cultural environment and the responses required. Importantly, you will be able to deliver results in a highly visible environment.
An essential requirement for this position is a tertiary qualification (Bachelor of Paramedic Science or equivalent) along with Registration (or eligibility) with the Paramedicine Board of Australia.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer, along with salary packaging, and a relocation assistance package if outside of Tasmania. This position is based in Hobart.
Download an Information Pack by registering your details below, click on the submit button and wait for a link to appear to download the Pack. Call Michael Holdway on (03) 9600 1137 or 0400 006 513 if you have any further questions. To apply email your CV and a Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading ‘Director Clinical Services' in the subject line.