Deputy Director Commercial
The West Gate Tunnel Authority (WGTA) is responsible for the management of the West Gate Tunnel Project on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Contracts to build the project were signed in December 2017 and WGTA is working in a Public Private Partnership with Transurban. The West Gate Tunnel will provide a much-needed alternative to the West Gate Bridge. It will reduce travel time, improve freight access to the Port of Melbourne and remove thousands of trucks from local streets. In addition, it will create around 6000 jobs and deliver an approximate $11 billion boost to Victoria’s economy.
The WGTA was established in June 2016 as an Administrative Office within the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR).
Construction is underway on the West Gate Tunnel Project and the project is due to open to motorists in 2022. For further information on this exciting project visit: westgatetunnelproject.vic.gov.au
- One of the largest Public Private Partnership infrastructure projects ever built in Victoria
- Executive Remuneration Package (EO3)
The West Gate Tunnel Authority (WGTA) has an opportunity for an experienced Deputy Director Commercial to join the Commercial and Legal team on the West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP).
The Deputy Director Commercial will report directly to the Director Commercial and Legal, to provide high quality, authoritative and effective advice and support on complex commercial issues relating to the WGTP. The role will also interface with the project’s external commercial advisors to ensure a consistent and agreed approach is taken on commercial positions which supports the project scope and requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate effective leadership attributes and a collaborative approach to stakeholder management, with an ability to foresee stakeholder risks and intervene to avert issues before they arise. Key skills and experience desired include:
- Extensive experience in the management and monitoring of complex infrastructure projects, preferably within a Public Private Partnership (PPP) framework
- High level experience in providing complex commercial regulatory and contractual advice on major infrastructure projects to a wide range of stakeholders
- Advanced ability to lead, influence, negotiate and deliver positive project outcomes in a complex commercially based project environment
- A strong understanding of the processes of government required to undertake major projects and a strong understanding of the Victorian roads and broader transport sector
Searchlight Group are pleased to be partnering with the West Gate Tunnel Authority to recruit this position. Download an Information Pack by registering your details below, click on the submit button and wait for a link to appear to download the Pack. Call Michael Holdway on (03) 9600 1137 or 0400 006 513 with any further questions.